React Native and Meteor 2021

I’m building a react native app (Expo managed workflow) with Meteor is the server.
After some studies, I’m thinking of these 2 options:

• @meteorrn/core
  • @apollo/react-hooks and apollo-client

I really like working with minimongo from @meteorrn/core package and of-course the way to work with methods and subscriptions.
With the Apollo option, which I don’t have experiences but it looks very promising and safe (large community, better supports)

What do you think? should I lean Apollo and GraphQL? It could take me more 1 - 2 months to build the app.
Thank you.

A graphql server (meteor or vanilla node) and apollo-client in react native is the way to go for sure.

There is a meteor-apollo-accounts package (I think) or you can implement your own mutations for login/signup… if you’ve never used graphql/apollo there could be a minor learning curve.

You can also use accountsJS

1 Like

It really depends on your needs since both are viable options. Does methods and pub/sub offer unique value to your application? That’s something you can only decide.

What do you think? should I lean Apollo and GraphQL? It could take me more 1 - 2 months to build the app.

A little note on that, I’m a hardcore Meteor dev but when I had to work with Apollo and GraphQL, I picked it up in no time and you should too. I like to think of GraphQL as watered down version of REST. Can you imagine that? Something that’s easier than REST which is already quite easy? So set your priorities but don’t be intimidated by going the Apollo and GraphQL route.

1 Like

@a.com and @harry97 Thank you very much. Apollo and GraphQL is very good option. I think I will go with it.

1 Like