React Tutorial React.createClass won't work

I am trying to work through the Meteor React Todos tutorial. In the section on publish and subscribe, we are to create a prop type for the Task component:

Task = React.createClass({
propTypes: {
task: React.PropTypes.object.isRequired,
showPrivateButton: React.PropTypes.bool.isRequired
},

I cannot make this work. I get the error:

“Warning: Task: prop type showPrivateButton is invalid; it must be a function, usually from React.PropTypes.”

I have searched this forum for an answer but did not find one. I installed the React package within the past week, so everything will be up to date as far as I can tell. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Ken

I don’t see anything wrong with the snippet you provided, so the issue must be somewhere else in your code. Maybe compare your Task.jsx with the completed version in the repo: https://github.com/meteor/simple-todos-react/blob/master/Task.jsx. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I did have a typo that I overlooked despite review every character dozens of times! (I entered “set” instead of “$set”) Anyhow, it was coincidence that I made this typo at the same time that this error showed up.

Now, the app is working correctly but I still receive this error in the console. Since I’m trying to learn, are there any ideas why this is appearing, what I should look for?

Thanks.
Ken

I would suggest cloning the completed tutorial, verify that you don’t see the same error with that version (you shouldn’t), then compare the completed tutorial code against your code to find the differences. That should help pinpoint the issue.