React v15.0 Released

createContainer just returns a parent component wrapping whatever child component you specify. If you’re using context somewhere in the component tree above your container component, it should be preserved by all other components in the subtree (React handles this automatically). I haven’t verified this though, as I stay away from context almost as much as I stay away from Tom Dale Meteor quotes

2 Likes

Heads up, I released new versions of the Meteor react packages. react-meteor-data@0.2.8 specifically. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Do we have to explicitly add @0.2.8 or can we just do a meteor update to get this?

meteor update react-meteor-data ought to do it.

5 Likes

Awesome, I updated and everything just works nicely now!

No more SPANs everywhere, no more react-id’s everywhere.
New react looks nice and clean! :wink:

4 Likes

I tried your method, but received these errors:

npm ERR! peerinvalid The package react@15.0.0 does not satisfy its siblings’ peerDependencies requirements!
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-create-fragment@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-css-transition-group@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-linked-state-mixin@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-perf@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-pure-render-mixin@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-test-utils@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-transition-group@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-update@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-data-components@0.6.0 wants react@^0.14.1
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-dom@15.0.0 wants react@^15.0.0
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer redbox-react@1.2.2 wants react@>=0.13.2 || ^0.14.0-rc1

I updated anything that had 0.14.8 to 15.0:

"react": "^15.0.0",
"react-addons-pure-render-mixin": "^15.0.0",
"react-dom": "^15.0.0"

You’ve got a lot more addons, just try updating them?

1 Like

I will update all the packages for v15 soon.

3 Likes

±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY react@15.0.1
| ±- fbjs@0.8.0
| | ±- babel-plugin-syntax-flow@6.5.0
| | -- isomorphic-fetch@2.2.1 | | +-- node-fetch@1.5.0 | | | +-- encoding@0.1.12 | | | |– iconv-lite@0.4.13
| | | -- is-stream@1.0.1 | |– whatwg-fetch@0.11.0
| -- object-assign@4.0.1– UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY react-dom@15.0.1

Awesome! It did it for me :slight_smile: thanks for the quick fix.

All our Kadira packages(NPM modules) are updated to React v15.0.0. These includes:

Let me know, if I missed something :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks for being so fast :slight_smile:

Or just use the super handy ncu tool, which will re-write your package.json file for you.

2 Likes

Same issue here. What’s going on with Meteor?

That’s a nice tool which does not break everything. Nope, not at all.

Npm looks to me like a really … poor tool to manage dependencies.

Obviously it’s up to the developer’s discretion whether to use it. I’ve had no problems with it breaking anything so far.

EDIT: Hmm… on second thought. :wink: Maybe it’s better to just do npm i --save package@latest on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Run this command, should get rid of error

ncu is actually really helpful. Running ncu without any flags just tells you which packages are out of date, and what the newest version available is. You can manually cherry pick which ones you want to update, or re-run ncu with -u to have it automatically update everything.

2 Likes

I had a bit of a hiccup, but not sure it was related to ncu. I’d like to hear from @rhywden on what kinds of issues ncu causes.

Looks like react-template-helper still requires React 0.14.x.