Context: I need a rich text editor in my app, and was thinking of using QuillJS. I need to add custom buttons in the toolbar of QuillJS.
The custom functionality is basically doing a call to an external service and validating the text against the response from the external service. The idea is this is reactive.
The rest of my app is Meteor.
(1) There is a React wrapper for Quill JS. Noob Question… Why? This seems stupid, which suggests I don’t understand what the wrapper is for. What is the problem with simply using the original with npm install.
(2) The way I understand it, if one was not using Meteor, would have a stack with some DB, NodeJS, and React as View layer. So what is the point of writing a React wrapper to an external package like QuillJS.
(3) Quill JS is moving versions, and not sure if the React wrapper will be updated. I guess it will in time…
My specific use case related.
(3) Does anyone have a suggestion as to a rich text editor to use where one can customize the buttons in the toolbar? The way i see it currently is do a fork of Quill JS. Add in the buttons that I specifically need. Then implement this fork in my application.
(4) Has anyone used QuillJS in a Meteor app? Any suggestions you would care to share? (Sharing is caring )
Thanks so much.