I am trying to create the masonry list layout with the use of isotope (or masonry / or packery) and pagination (click button or infinite scroll).
None of the packages work as I expect to. The css solution (column-count) is also not what is expected.
The challenges are:
- Store images with dimensions or use Images Loaded. I like the first variant with custom background-color.
- Init the isotope when all items (limited) created and rendered.
- When the db changes (document deleted, etc) - we need to rerender the isotope container.
- When load-more button clicked (or infinitive scroll implemented) - we need to append the items to the isotope container (not rerender the whole isotope).
- Change the element height of window resize.
This stuff is very tricky to make with reactive meteor and I need some help.
With this solution we could make the process of creating a gallery or nice item list easy for all of us.
Maybe someone is interested?