Replacing babrahams:transactions

Does anyone use babrahams:transactions in production and have you been able to get it to work with Meteor 2.3+ as it is now being forcibly downgraded from from 0.8.10 to 0.6.7?

babrahams:transactions              downgraded from 0.8.10 to 0.6.7
dburles:mongo-collection-instances  downgraded from 0.3.5 to 0.3.1

The project I inherited uses it for doing transactions - we are currently having issues with this package being forcibly downgraded in 2.3+ and would like to know if there is a way of easily doing transactions now without the need for this package. I don’t want to have to do significant refactoring to be able to replace it if I can avoid it.

When trying to install the latest babrahams:transactions I get:

λ meteor add babrahams:transactions@0.8.10
 => Errors while adding packages:

While selecting package versions:
error: Conflict: Constraint accounts-base@1.4.5 is not satisfied by accounts-base 2.1.0.
Constraints on package "accounts-base":
* accounts-base@~2.1.0 <- top level
* accounts-base@2.1.0 <- service-configuration 1.2.0 <- accounts-base 2.1.0 <- accounts-password 2.1.0
* accounts-base@2.1.0 <- accounts-password 2.1.0
* accounts-base@2.1.0 <- simple:rest 1.2.1
* accounts-base@2.1.0 <- simple:authenticate-user-by-token 1.2.1 <- simple:rest-accounts-password 1.2.1
* accounts-base@1.4.5 <- babrahams:transactions 0.8.10
* accounts-base@1.7.1 || 2.0.0 <- matb33:collection-hooks 1.1.0
* accounts-base@1.4.2 || 2.0.0 <- mizzao:user-status 1.0.1

Conflict: Constraint dburles:mongo-collection-instances@0.3.5 is not satisfied by dburles:mongo-collection-instances 0.3.1.
Constraints on package "dburles:mongo-collection-instances":
* dburles:mongo-collection-instances@0.3.5 <- babrahams:transactions 0.8.10

Thanks - I’ve forked meteor-collection-extensions and meteor-transactions and I’ve got a bit further with my 2.4 upgrade.