Restivus - how can I overwrite standard POST endpoint for a collection?

I’m using the https://atmospherejs.com/nimble/restivus package.

I want to overwrite the standard POST endpoint as part of a collection (via addCollection). This is my source code:

// Global API configuration
    var Api = new Restivus({
        prettyJson: true
    });

Api.addCollection(Kits, {
        authRequired: false,
        excludedEndpoints: ['getAll', 'deleteAll', 'delete'],
        endpoints: {
                var name = this.bodyParams.name;
                console.log ("Entity: " + JSON.stringify(name));
            }
        }
    });

I can’t figure out why restivus (or meteor) isn’t using the code that I entered under this custom endpoint and is instead using the default built-in behavior of just INSERTing it into the collection?

I want to avoid having duplicate entries (over fields other than the _id), hence I want to first check with a findOne and only INSERT when I can’t find a record.

But the main problem is that for whatever reason I can’t figure out why it’s not executing my code

Did you ever get this working? I’m trying to figure out the same thing I think. I want to provide an API to a 3rd party service which will post information to my meteor app. I want to do some data validation and massage the data prior to creating the mongo db records. I have yet to find any sort of example that shows how to do this.

Really hoping @kahmali will read this and respond! :smile:

Hey @snakehead!

We continued this conversation in a GitHub Issue. You can find the solution there: https://github.com/kahmali/meteor-restivus/issues/133.

Hope that helps!

Thanks @kahmali, I did see that but I guess I’m such a noob it didn’t make a lot of sense to me. Also, I’m trying to figure out how to 1) create a token for my users to use and 2) how to make Restivus work with just the token and not other logins too. Your example seems to show both a token and a login?

Yes, got it working with his help. It was my error, see the Github repo

Ah. What you’re looking for is custom auth. It’s pretty poorly documented, so I’m sorry about that. It’s hidden in the config options, when it deserves a section of its own explaining exactly how to work with it. I’m not exactly sure when I’ll have the time, but check out the links below and hopefully they’ll help:

Someday I’ll have income and will be able to afford to work on Restivus again. Here’s to hoping at least :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like