Rewriting some functions in Meteor

Hi,

If I want to change snippets of the Meteor framework, I don’t want to send Meteor’s code to the client, and then rewrite it on the client. Is there a way to modify the source-code of Meteor on-the-fly before building the app the first time without modifying the original source code?

For example:

Meteor._vanillaSubscribe = Meteor.subscribe
Meteor.subscribe = function(){
  //do something
  Meteor._vanillaSubscribe.apply(_.toArray(arguments));
}

is a change I need to make to meteor for my app. I could send over the meteor app, then modify it in the client-side startup.js…

But is there a way to serve the app modified instead of doing this on the client && instead of modifying the original source files (Where are they located?) Links appreciated.

Thanks.

I haven’t tried this, but I believe your solution would be writing a package and loading it at top of the order

There are also examples to this pattern, such as https://github.com/aldeed/meteor-collection2 which extends the Collection object with an attachSchema method

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Awesome. I’ve looked into writing a package, but never really figured it out because I haven’t needed to until now.

Glad to know I can do that with meteor packages.

actually, today I had to override a core function of the accounts-base package, so I did just that.