📡 TRANSMISSION #15: Community Involvement, 1.4.2, GraphQL subscriptions, and Grapher

It’s time to plan TRANSMISSION show #15!

I will be talking with MDG team members about whatever the most interesting topics have been for the last month, and I’d like to get your help with that.

Reply here and let us know which recent topics are the most important to you!

Update

On Episode #14 we talked about drama in the forums, and where Meteor is going with Apollo integration.

About TRANSMISSION

TRANSMISSION is a monthly show covering the most important topics to come out of the Meteor Forums. Each week we need your help to pick the most relevant forum posts for us to discuss with MDG in deeper detail.

Podcast Site: https://transmission.simplecast.fm/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTUf4ytkmI8Q7cbf4J6aQEYun5g8fxt9B

5 Likes

I’m interested in talking about:

But also looking for other topics people are interested in.

I also want to get @thea on this one!

6 Likes

Thumbs up for 1.4.2 beta performance and what kind of work is left to be done to consider it “releasable”. I recall @benjamn saying that no single file reload updates strategy had been developed, but maybe that’s on the roadmap too. Also, chokidar, yarn and css modules discussion could be interesting for future optimizations.

Also, not sure if this is too “promotional”, but would be nice to compare this project to apollo+mongodb in terms of efficiency and easiness from mdg perspective.

1 Like

It would be great to hear more about GraphQL subscriptions. Maybe talk a bit about the design/approach (briefly outlined in @sashko’s A proposal for GraphQL subscriptions post), followed by an update on how things are going with MDG’s integration of GraphQL subscriptions into their own apps.

8 Likes

I’d be into this! Perhaps I can even try it out a bit and see :]

1 Like

I hope Blaze gets some love in the discussion

1 Like

Apollo and accounts-* system…

4 Likes

…and also with React Native :eyes:

1 Like

Great topics, thanks everyone, I’m looking forward to this one!

2 Likes

Can’t wait! @pauldowman When is it out? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here it is!! Thanks for the ideas, everyone:

The video description has timestamp links for different parts.

9 Likes