Simplified Root Domain Support Now Available on Galaxy

We are excited to announce that we now provide support for Root Domains on Galaxy! This means that you can directly point the root of your domains to our load balancers without the need for complex configurations.

Previously, setting up a root domain required managing multiple configurations. However, with recent enhancements to our platform, we have simplified the process, making it easier and more convenient for you.

Now, you can easily direct your root domain to our servers, taking advantage of all the features and functionalities of our service without any hassle. This saves you time and effort, allowing you to focus on what matters most: your business.

To add a root domain, simply go to the “Domains and HTTPS” section in your app’s settings and locate the referenced IP address. Then, create an A record pointing to that IP in your DNS provider settings.

We are thrilled to offer this update and appreciate your ongoing trust in our services. If you have any questions or need assistance setting up the root domain in your account, our support team is ready to assist you.

We remain committed to providing even better solutions to meet your needs.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us at support@meteor.com.

10 Likes

Thank you! This is an amazing update! Going to try it out immediatelly.

1 Like

Are there any plans to allow AAAA records as well? I know that IPv6 is in beta, will it be possible to have IPv4 and IPv6 both active at the same time?

2 Likes

I’m going to add this to our internal roadmap and prioritize this.

Yes, it will be possible soon. :raised_hands:

Thank you for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Brilliant, thank you!

What’s the advantage of using a root domain versus the previous setup?

1 Like

Echoing @evolross question, I know nothing yet about root domain support. What is the benefit of this new feature, and when is it helpful to take advantage of it?

Before, if you wanted to access your app on myapp.com it was not possible and you had to have an external service in essence redirect to something like app.myapp.com.

3 Likes

That is exactly what the @storyteller said, adding you needed an external DNS that would have to support ALIAS or ANAME to point to the Root Domain or do a lot of configuration to make a redirect from myapp.com to app.myapp.com.

So if I want to support myApp.com and, e.g., accounts.myApp.com, it’s now a lot easier. Is that correct?