Site-wide user authentication with flow router best practices?

I am want to create a user based application. Hence the authentication and authorization is the core for the app.
I came across this excellent example that wrote by flow router author which explains how to do the authentication and authorization with flow router.

https://github.com/alanning/meteor-roles/tree/master/examples/flow-router-advanced

However this example is using Blaze for demonstration. I would like to know is it possible do the same thing with react.

The hardest part for me in order to convert it to react is that, it uses template level to do site-wide authentication. At this point I don’t know how can it done in react.

Let say I have a Main layout component:
export const MainLayout = ({content}) => (

<div className="container">

{content}

</div>
);

How can I do the authentication in this layout?
Although, I know I can do it in the router , but the whole point of flow router is being non-reactive and predictable. The Flow router author also recommended to do it on the template layer, just as he did in the example above.

React is the new thing for me, I might be misunderstood the concept of react. Thus if you guys think this is not the ideal way to do so, please guide me to the correct path.

Thanks