[SOLVED] App on galaxy suddenly gets invalid certificate error

Hello!
i set up my app on galaxy with an Essential Plan on June 29th and the custom domain started working and everything was fine.
Now on Jul 2 suddenly the certificate being sent is wrong and the site wont run. Even after I click on ‘proceed to unsafe’ the app doesnt open but a nginx welcome comes up.

Where should i even start looking? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Logs show a message ’ Galaxy is replacing machine’ which seems to have created this situation. the certificate being sent is some ‘test.4youstores.com

The app is working fine on the galaxy provided domain Sherlock and the certificate is signed by ‘R3’

Many thanks for your help and guidance.
Warm regard.

Hello @digisarathi,

Can you confirm if your subdomain www is pointed to :

HOST : us-east-1.galaxy-ingress.meteor.com

TYPE : CNAME

Best Regards,

Philippe

2 Likes

Thank you @philippeoliveira ! it was that simple!
on its own, the domain name setting for CNAME had got reset it seems. since i set it on june 29 and the DNS was working I didnt think about that side at all! im now worried what if Ionos does this again once i launch it to the public :anguished:
the current settings for the domain name is as attached. if you see any inefficiencies in there, pls do guide me.

1 Like

Hello @digisarathi

Everything looks fine now, from here I can open the app and it’s working: ShelockApp

It would be nice to open a support case with ionos and validate if this can happen again.

I can also recommend you a free app monitor so you can always check your app, the free plan will work for this type of monitoring:

UptimeRobot

Best Regards,

Philippe

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yes I could notify Ionos about this glitch but i doubt their L1 will do anything.
Thanks so much for the monitoring app!

Warm regards,
Prashant

1 Like