Solved: Galaxy-hosted app sending 504 error to crawler bots

Some time in the last week googlebot has started getting 504 errors when trying to access my site. So google is now de-indexing my site page by page. My site loads fine on browsers, this seems to just be for crawler bots. No errors are showing in the server logs.

I haven’t made any changes to my server-side code in the past couple weeks, so I’m currently talking to Galaxy support, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Test here: Searchbot Simulator URL/User Agent Entry

Turned out to be a problem with prerender’s header size. Big thanks to @filipenevola for reaching out to prerender and getting this resolved quickly. Galaxy gets better every day!

1 Like

Hi @Hanley - having a slew of 504 error - fb crawler returns a 504 error - so do all the crawlers - hosting my site on Galaxy - can you expand your solution - not sure what to ask for or do to my app
Thanks

Unfortunately, all I know is that prerender.io had an issue with the header size on their side. Galaxy support reached out to them, they fixed it, and it worked from then on.

1 Like

Started happening recently. Have you found any solutions? Tried reducing the header size, but still getting the same error.