I’m seeing an anomaly with HMR after these updates:
- Created a new blank Meteor project with
Meteor create --minimal.
- This updated me from Meteor 2.3.4 to Meteor 2.5
- Brought in all my source code to the new project
When I start my Meteor app from the terminal via
meteor --settings settings.json --exclude-archs web.browser.legacy --inspect-brk, HMR runs fine.
But when I start from inside the IDE (IntelliJ), using
--settings settings.json --exclude-archs web.browser.legacy --inspect, HMR doesn’t appear to work. (If I use
--inspect-brk rather than
--inspect, the IDE throws an error.)
- Launched from terminal: HMR re-loads a page in a little over 2 seconds after edit
- Launched from inside IDE: page takes 30+ seconds to re-load, suggesting HMR is not operating.
I’ve added HMR with
Meteor add hot-module-replacement, and it shows up in the console logs as:
HMR: updated 1 file
…but judging from the time it takes the page to reload, HMR doesn’t seem to be operating.
Any thoughts on how to correct this? I’m probably missing something obvious.