[Solved] How do I set a custom ddpUrl for the users collection?

The meteor documentation outlines the AccountsServer and AccountsClient constructors, which look like they’re what I want to instantiate, then use those instances throughout the app. However, doing that throws a Error: There is already a collection named "users" error.

The users collection is created in the AccountsCommon package. AccountsClient and AccountsServer both inherit from this class. server_main.js, and client_main.js are called when the application starts as they are entry points for the accounts-base package. Both of these files instantiate their respective accounts class.

So how exactly do I customize the server that the Accounts package is connecting to? Is there a way to prevent package main modules from running so I can do it myself?

Documentation: Accounts (multi-server) | Meteor API Docs

This line particularly appears to be wrong:

Nevertheless, these two constructors can be instantiated more than once, to create multiple independent connections between different accounts servers and their clients, in more complicated authentication situations.

Alright I’ve figured it out.

I don’t want to instantiate my own AccountsServer. I want to initialize my own AccountsClient on the client side, which does work.

Now I need to figure out how to actually login.