[Solved] Jumping back into meteor with an older 1.6.0.1 version

Should I try and handle all the errors to bring it up to version 2.0 or might it be easier to create a new 2.0 project and just bring files over to it?

Thanks!

Another option is to try upgrading one version at a time. Therefore if you encounter a problem, you can refer to the specific changelog on what might have caused the issue.

It can help a lot if tests exist for the app

So I’ve been doing that, one version at a time, but now I’m getting errors and not exactly sure how to resolve them. Give me a moment and I’ll post some of the errors I’m getting, because if I tried to post all of what’s spit out, it’d be a short novel!

Okay here’s a small error that popped up after I updated to 1.8.1 and simply ran ‘meteor’

=> Started proxy.                             
=> Meteor 2.0 is available. Update this project with 'meteor update'.
=> Started MongoDB.                           
W20210210-14:00:19.840(-7)? (STDERR) /home/clayton/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.8.1.1k11tnh.0b8d++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node: symbol lookup error: /home/clayton/Development/theApp/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/napi-v3/bcrypt_lib.node: undefined symbol: napi_add_finalizer
=> Exited with code: 127
W20210210-14:00:22.927(-7)? (STDERR) /home/clayton/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.8.1.1k11tnh.0b8d++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node: symbol lookup error: /home/clayton/Development/theApp/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/napi-v3/bcrypt_lib.node: undefined symbol: napi_add_finalizer
W20210210-14:00:26.785(-7)? (STDERR) /home/clayton/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.8.1.1k11tnh.0b8d++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node: symbol lookup error: /home/clayton/Development/theApp/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/napi-v3/bcrypt_lib.node: undefined symbol: napi_add_finalizer
=> Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

I am not familiar with the error. Try Google

I’m upgrading one release at a time, not just the main 1.7 to 1.8, I’m doing all of the minor updates within the major versions. So far so good, I’ll post new questions not related to this thread as I come across them.

Thanks for your help and feedback!

@rjdavid Just wanted you to know I was able to get my app all the way up to Meteor v2.0, and the problem was fourseven:scss, which was a dependent of themeteorchef:bert

Live and learn they say, and I did! Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Nice and congrats. Great things with Meteor 2.0. And a lot more is coming

1 Like

Excited to be back in the game again :smiley: