(SOLVED) Meteor 1.8.1 and FlowRouter error exited with code 1

I updated to Meteor 1.8.1 and i’m getting the error that shows on that screen capture.

I’m 100% sure it has to do with the kadira:flow-router package, since removing that package makes my app run without problems (except for the obvious “Couldn’t find kadira:flow-router” error) but it still compiles correctly.

I’m on Windows 10. These are the packages added into meteor:


And this the packages added via npm:

 "bootstrap": "^4.3.1",
    "meteor-node-stubs": "^0.4.1",
    "react": "^16.9.0",
    "react-dom": "^16.9.0",
    "react-mounter": "^1.2.0",
    "reactstrap": "^8.0.1"

I just ran a meteor update --release 1.7 to see if downgrading to a previous version could fix all this.

What could be causing this? Anyone with this same issue?
Hope to read some informed thoughts.
Thanks in advance

looks like a missing node_module nested inside an atmosphere package, first thing to try is a meteor reset, to force Meteor to build the packages again. Second thing to try is to delete the node_modules directory and do a fresh meteor npm instal

Done that. The error still persists, sadly. (see attached capture)

I don’t understand the npm warn errors:

npm WARN react-mounter@1.2.0 requires a peer of react@0.14.x || 15.x.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN react-mounter@1.2.0 requires a peer of react-dom@0.14.x || 15.x.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

As I wrote, I do have the latest versions of react and react-dom

"react": "^16.9.0",
"react-dom": "^16.9.0",
"react-mounter": "^1.2.0",

What’s the latest <1.8 version that could be run without any of these bugs?
Seems like everytime I upgrade to the latest and greatest, this kind of errors keep coming up.

The warnings say that react-mounter needs react 0.14.x or 15.x.x, while you have 16.9.0, which doesn’t match. I doubt this is a huge problem, but it’s worth checking if react-mounter will have compat problems

For kadira:flow-router, the cached version in your global .meteor install might be busted. Try deleting the cached version in:

"C:\Users\Ramon Valente\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\kadira_flow-router"

As well as (another) meteor reset. This should force it to build and re-download qs

If that doesn’t work, it might even be a bug related to spaces in usernames on Windows. I’ve seen other npm bugs related to this which might be at play here. It might even be worth trying moving the app to a folder like "C:\meteor\leyPocket\" to see if that helps

1 Like

Great! Deleting the cached version at “C:\Users\Ramon Valente\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\kadira_flow-router” solved it!

Thanks a lot @coagmano , great help there.


1 Like