[Solved] Meteor 2.4 updated but is not running the application

After updated to 2.4 I am getting this error. By seeing [2.3 beta 3] Packages incompatibles with beta 3 - meteor I have updated again and again but it is still same.

/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.2.4.0_1.bndbmw.qv2ot++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/server-lib/node_modules/fibers/future.js:280
    throw(ex);
    ^

TypeError: Cannot read property '_handleConnect' of undefined
    at exposeLivedata (packages/lamhieu_meteorx.js:26:25)
    at packages/lamhieu_meteorx.js:200:1
    at packages/lamhieu_meteorx.js:225:4
    at packages/lamhieu_meteorx.js:233:3
    at /home/elias/Desktop/Projects/uninite.com/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:401:38
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at /home/elias/Desktop/Projects/uninite.com/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:226:21
    at /home/elias/Desktop/Projects/uninite.com/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:464:7
    at Function.run (/home/elias/Desktop/Projects/uninite.com/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/profile.js:280:14)
    at /home/elias/Desktop/Projects/uninite.com/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:463:13
=> Exited with code: 1
=> Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

I see that you are using lamhieu_meteorx probably to unblock publications, right?

This feature is now in the core so you don’t need this package anymore if you are using to unblock publications.

This package seems to be breaking with Meteor 2.4 looking to your logs.

1 Like

Yeah, I am using:

lamhieu:unblock@1.0.0                         
└─┬ lamhieu:meteorx@2.0.1                     
  β”œβ”€β”€ mongo@1.13.0 (top level)                
  └── random@1.2.0 (expanded above)

I can not remove lamhieu:meteorx because it is a dependency of lamhieu:unblock.
And I have to use lamhieu:unblock because I get lots of error if I remove this package.
Is there any other package which is suitable in meteor 2.4 and will work as same as lamhieu:unblock does?

Hi, you don’t need any packages to unblock publications anymore.

This feature is now included in the core, so you can call this.unblock() inside a publication without any additional package.

What error are you getting if you remove lamhieu:unblock?

Hello,
Subscriptions and publications are working fine
but we are using Meteor.default_connection._subscriptions for getting all subscriptions
and I am getting _subscriptions is undefined error now.

Hello,
I have got the subscriptions list from Meteor.connection._subscriptions
and my problems are solved now. Successfully upgraded to 2.4.
Thanks a lot @filipenevola :smiley:

2 Likes

This is great.

Thank you for the feedback.