[Solved] Meteor up, Error: Encrypted private key detected, but no passphrase given

Hello,

I can ssh to my server from the terminal, I am not asked for password or passphrase.
But the command mup setup throws the following error:

Started TaskList: Setup Docker
[67.205.149.24] - Setup Docker
/home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/node_modules/ssh2/lib/client.js:161
        throw new Error('Encrypted private key detected, but no passphrase given');
        ^

Error: Encrypted private key detected, but no passphrase given
    at Client.connect (/home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/node_modules/ssh2/lib/client.js:161:15)
    at SSH.connect (/home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/lib/ssh.js:12:16)
    at Session._withSshClient (/home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/lib/session.js:58:12)
    at Session.execute (/home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/lib/session.js:140:8)
    at /home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/lib/session.js:168:12
    at /home/juan/.nvm/versions/node/v8.9.0/lib/node_modules/mup/node_modules/nodemiral/lib/session.js:183:7
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:511:3)

Please help, I stuck for 2 days.

Thanks.

Have you followed the instructions here?
http://meteor-up.com/docs.html#ssh-keys-with-passphrase-or-ssh-agent-support

1 Like

Yes, I have followed the instructions.

Hmm… you could generate a new key to use so you’re sure it has no passphrase?
Then add the public key to the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file so the server will accept it

1 Like

Thanks, I will try that.

It works now that I have removed pem: ‘~/.ssh/id_rsa’ from mup.js
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Gotta love those one line bugs that kill your productivity!

1 Like