[Solved] Meteor upgrade not working properly between two notebooks

Hello there,

I’m using two Windows notebooks for the development of my app. I have the app under version control, but my latest upgrade seems to have broken Meteor. I receive the following error, when I try to run my app:

This project says that it uses Meteor 1.8.0.2, but you don’t have that version of Meteor installed and the Meteor update servers don’t have it either. Please edit the .meteor/release file in the project and change it to a valid Meteor release.

I’ts true that I don’t have the version installed since i made the upgrade on my other notebook. Any ideas how to fix it?

Best regards

HK

I have 0 experience running Meteor on Windows, but the message is pretty clear.

It has nothing to do with your app. Simply install the latest Meteor version on your second notebook.

Normally when Meteor encounters a newer version than is locally available, it will install the newer version from Meteor’s servers.

you don’t have that version of Meteor installed and the Meteor update servers don’t have it either

This implies that the second notebook was unable to connect to the update servers.
So my first troubleshooting steps would be:

1. check internet is working
  2. check if you have a proxy setup
  3. check for anything else that might prevent downloading a newer version of meteor.
  4. maybe reinstall meteor?

My internet works fine. If I would have upgraded it manually, before the pull from my git repo, it would have worked aswell.

I’ve reinstalled Meteor, which solved my issue.

Thanks.

1 Like