[solved] MeteorJS : Raix Push Notification with button?

Hi Team,
I have used Raix push notification and able to received notifications in android. And Im able to see badges on iOS app launcher icon, im not able to see notification similar to android on iOS development build or testflight build.

My Questions:

1. Is it iOS push notification does not show in test flight version? Will it work on production version?
  2. Is it possible to add any buttons, to the notification similar to the one used in whatsApp - “Message | Call” when new notification is received.
  3. Is there any push notifications available, so client receives notification with button?
  4. Shall I use alerts instead of push notifications? However user should be able to see the alert even if the app is running in the background.

Kindly advice.
Regards,
Ananth S

1. Is it iOS push notification does not show in test flight version? Will it work on production version?

The test flight version needs a production pem file which is generated from you production certificates. The dev certificates you get from apple won’t work in test flight. AFAIK

4. Shall I use alerts instead of push notifications? However user should be able to see the alert even if the app is running in the background.

Use push notification. I at least do not know of any ways to show alerts when the app is in background

1 Like

Just this week I implemented raix:push notification with the latest meteor. So it works on both android and ios. There are just too many steps to get it working properly. But once you get over it. Its a breeze. So don’t loose hope and keep trying.

This should help you out

Thanks for your response, will try it out today. Also can you throw some light whether we could be able to add action buttons similar to the image I attached?

Regards,
Ananth

@ananthavel you should be able to. Although my use case was for a simple notification only so I don’t know how to implement this from on top of my head. However, In native push notification systems, there are options to enable actions like this. If you don’t find it by default in raix, you can definitely extend it by using cordova packages. Installing and using cordova packages is a breeze, I solved many mobile app related issues via using cordova packages.

But I would just get the initial push notification using raix first. Then I would extend action.

1 Like

@kaiyes, we were able to receive the notification, will try buttons and let you know.

Regards,
Ananth S

1 Like

@kaiyes, I have implemented basic notification following the URL you provided. As off now not implemented action button inside notification which takes lot of time for me to implement. Will try the same shortly after delivering project.

1 Like

Glad to know that it worked.

I would suggest getting into react native. Or if you want to stay with cordova, I would try services like pushwoosh, FCM, one signal etc . They might have taken care of the feature you want.

@ananthavel Any luck with your 2nd point, the Action Buttons?