[SOLVED] Mup deploy and meteor 1.6.1

Hi,
I’m going to to deploy my application today and I updated to meteor 1.6.1. I’m using mup and before doing it I’d like to know if anyone else did the same thing and if it run smoothly.

I’m only worried about babel/runtime@7.0.0-beta.39

Updating locally on my dev machine I had to install babel manually after the update process was completed. I just followed what suggested by meteor:

If you notice problems related to these missing modules, consider running:

meteor npm install --save @babel/runtime  

My question is: will mup install the new babel runtime automatically?
mup is using containers to deploy the app, so I wouldn’t know how to do this manually on the server idf something goes wrong.

Thanks

AFAIK, mup executes a script that will install node and do npm install.
As long as “@babel/runtime”: “^7.0.0-beta.39” mentioned in your package.json, It will automatically install it.

I use mup as well, but for 1.6.1 I am still unable to pass testing phase.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks @andreyunugro
In the file package.json (in my root folder) I have:

"dependencies": {
    "@babel/runtime": "^7.0.0-beta.39",
    "babel-runtime": "^6.26.0",
    "bcrypt": "^1.0.3",
    "chart.js": "^2.7.1",
    "json2csv": "^3.11.5",
    "meteor-node-stubs": "^0.3.2"
  }

Am I ok in your opinion?
I don’t understand why I have that extra line:

babel-runtime": "^6.26.0

What do you think?

EDIT: Actually reading again Announcing Meteor 1.6.1 blog post by MDG I found this:

The babel-runtime npm package has been required for all Meteor applications since Meteor 1.3. With Babel 7, babel-runtime has been renamed to @babel/runtime. If you update to Meteor 1.6.1 without adding @babel/runtime to your package.json dependencies, the Meteor babel-runtime package will throw a helpful error that recommends running meteor npm install @babel/runtime. You should follow this advice!

This change of names is in fact pretty convenient, because it allows @babel/runtime to be installed alongside babel-runtime, in case you need both for some reason; for example, if you rely on a custom Babel plugin that still assumes babel-runtime is installed.

Most Meteor developers should be able to remove babel-runtime after adding @babel/runtime, though there’s no harm in leaving it installed, since none of its modules will be bundled unless they’re used.

… so I suppose it should be ok having both of them in my package.json file.

Any comments or mup deployment tips are welcome :wink:

[SOLVED]

I deployed successfully my application with Meteor 1.6.1 using mup deploy to test environment.
I just got a msg about something was deprecated (added an issue on github:

Building App Bundle Locally
Node#moveTo was deprecated. Use Container#append.

but everything was fine.

3 Likes

@massimosgrelli Did you determine what cause the message Node#moveTo was deprecated. Use Container#append ?

Nope, it seems to be something related to Meteor not mup - mio guys told me