I have hit some problems trying to run Velocity sanjo:jasmine server-side integration tests on my existing Meteor application, after upgrading the project to 1.3 (1st time attempting to upgrade to 1.3, I skipped all the betas and rcs). I haven’t seen anyone else reporting these issues to date.
What is the official story for supporting Velocity - based tests on the new Meteor 1.3 ( I know 1.3 comes with its own new test infrastructure which only supports mocha syntax right now)? Is it known not to work anymore?
Here’s what I have observed so far:
Tailing the jasmine-server-integration.log prints this line at the start:
"=> Using velocity:METEOR@1.2.1_2 as requested (overriding Meteor 1.3)"
No tests ran after re-starting the meteor project
Changing anything under the [project root]/tests/ folder no longer seems to trigger a rebuild.
When I changed something in an application folder, I then got a bunch of package version conflicts reported in the jasmine-server-integration.log
=> Started proxy.
=> Errors prevented startup:
While selecting package versions: error: Conflict: Constraint firstname.lastname@example.org is not satisfied by meteor 1.1.10. Constraints on package "meteor": * meteor@=1.1.10 <- top level * email@example.com <- accounts-password 1.1.4 * firstname.lastname@example.org <- underscore 1.0.4 <- accounts-base 1.2.2 <- accounts-password 1.1.4 * email@example.com <- underscore 1.0.4 <- accounts-password 1.1.4 * firstname.lastname@example.org <- accounts-base 1.2.2 <- accounts-password 1.1.4
I have 1000s of lines of carefully - crafted integration tests using sanjo:jasmine in my project. I’m not panicking yet (I am in no particular rush to migrate up to 1.3, but do not want to get stuck on an old meteor version), but it would be useful if someone could suggest a way forward here.
Thanks for the hard work in shipping Meteor 1.3 …