Speed issue when running Meteor

I am running a project with list of modules shown below.

I have a problem starting meteor on a new server for the first time. After calling ‘meteor’ the project keeps downloading packages for ever.

It seems to be stuck at okgrow:analytics and reports a time of several hours.
When trying to remove this package, it seems to be similarly stuck.

My network speed is broadband (7Mbps)

Where should I check to find the root cause?

accounts-base          1.2.14  A user account system
accounts-password      1.3.4  Password support for accounts
aldeed:autoform        5.8.1* Easily create forms with automatic insert and update, and automatic reactive validation.
aldeed:collection2     2.10.0  Automatic validation of insert and update operations on the client and server.
blaze-html-templates   1.1.0  Compile HTML templates into reactive UI with Meteor Blaze
ecmascript             0.6.3  Compiler plugin that supports ES2015+ in all .js files
email                  1.1.18  Send email messages
es5-shim               4.6.15  Shims and polyfills to improve ECMAScript 5 support
fourseven:scss         3.13.0* Style with attitude. Sass and SCSS support for Meteor.js.
jquery                 1.11.10  Manipulate the DOM using CSS selectors
kadira:blaze-layout    2.3.0  Layout Manager for Blaze (works well with FlowRouter)
kadira:flow-router     2.12.1  Carefully Designed Client Side Router for Meteor
less                   2.7.9  Leaner CSS language
mdg:validated-method   1.1.0  A simple wrapper for Meteor.methods
meteor-base            1.0.4  Packages that every Meteor app needs
meteortoys:allthings   3.0.0  Insanely Handy Development Tools
mobile-experience      1.0.4  Packages for a great mobile user experience
mongo                  1.1.15  Adaptor for using MongoDB and Minimongo over DDP
okgrow:analytics       2.1.1  Complete Google Analytics, Mixpanel, KISSmetrics (and more) integration for Meteor
percolate:migrations   0.9.8  Define and run db migrations.
practicalmeteor:mocha  2.4.5_6  Write package tests with mocha and run them in the browser or from the command line with spacejam.
reactive-dict          1.1.8  Reactive dictionary
reactive-var           1.0.11  Reactive variable
sacha:spin             2.3.1  Simple spinner package for Meteor
session                1.1.7  Session variable
shell-server           0.2.2  Server-side component of the `meteor shell` command.
standard-minifier-css  1.3.4  Standard css minifier used with Meteor apps by default.
standard-minifier-js   1.2.3  Standard javascript minifiers used with Meteor apps by default.
supermongol            2.0.0+
tracker                1.1.2  Dependency tracker to allow reactive callbacks
twbs:bootstrap         3.3.6  The most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.

Not sure if there are any conflicts with the packages, but I know a common issue with hanging on Windows 10 is Windows Defender.
This can be solved by going into Virus & threat protection settings and disabling “Real-time protection”. Hope this helps.

1 Like

What exactly you are trying to do? The meteor command should absolutely not be used on servers.