I have just started my own business in the IT and Electronic Security industry. A large part of the business is performing audits on existing sites. This is basically taking down login information, serial numbers, IP addresses, screenshot, photos, etc. We mostly do this via spreadsheet but its messy. I have this giant spreadsheet that has been added to over the years. It works but its clunky.
I am looking at the possibility of converting this spreadsheet to a database. Just briefly thinking about it, the requirements would be:
- Layered of course (Tables for unique details like IP address, Mac, and hostname and pages for data entry.)
- Web based with ability to upload screenshots or use device inbuilt camera
- Basic user access control (User has access to certain GUI input pages with no table access. Only the admin will have table access)
- Shared so multiple people can make changes at once and see other peoples changes in realtime
- Seperate database for each project, easily brought up in a docker of some sort (We wont need to have multiple sites sharing a huge database and prefer to easily start up an instance when the database is required)
- Database can be stored either on a server or on technicians laptop and brought up with a few clicks. When finished, closed and stored for future reference.
- If at all possible, but not imperative, import designer straight to tables from spreadsheets
I’m hoping either someone from this community would like to have a go, or point me in the right direction. I heard that their are online software tendering sites but I couldnt find any by searching. I don’t have a lot of money (Australian currency is doing OK at the moment) but I’m hoping this is a pretty easy one for someone out there.
If interested, PM me and I will send you the spreadsheet I need converted.