Hi, I´m new in the meteor world, and already read one introductory book: “Your
first Meteor application”
I have a use case for Meteor and I was wondering if you could maybe provide me with some insights about it:
I´m building (actually migrating from Java, Postgres, JSF, Primefaces, Jasper stack) a System which basically:
Constantly (Every minute or so) checks for XML files in a directory and read them. (I could probably change this and read them from MongoDB)
Validate the XML against an XSD
Consume a Web Service: I send the XML file to the WS and it returns a response weather it´s syntactically correct or not.
Digitally sign the XML with a P12 certificate
Consume a second Web Service and send the signed XML and get an ID number for the XML
Save the XML document in the PostgreSQL database
Generate a PDF representation of the XML
Send the XML and PDF to the user via email and make both files available through a Web Portal so the user can check their files whenever they want
Process multiple XML files at the same time (The current Java system is multithreaded)
Based on the described flow:
- Can I use Meteor to accomplish the mentioned functionality? If not, why is Meteor called full stack? (probably I´m misunderstanding something here)
- I guess I´ll have to use NodeJS (or anything else? Python? Ruby? That provides me with DDP/REST interfaces) to consume the WS?
- What can be accomplished with meteor and what not?
- Is there any multithreading capabilities I could use to process multiple XML files at the same time?
- Is there anyway I can be constantly checking weather there´s a new XML file to be processed in a directory?
Thank you very much in advanced for your valuable comments guys!
I look forward to hearing from you, have a good one!