For those interested, I’ve just released a starter kit which features a number of desirable features when creating a new Meteor project:
- Apollo 2 GraphQL server running with Express bound to the Meteor (1.8) app
- React 16
- Multilingual support (using react-intl) with dynamic loading of required locale messages
- Authentication: password & facebook (via meteor accounts)
- SSR with support for an app-shell specific route
- App-Shell based architecture with dynamic loading of required components
- Styled components
- Jest & Enzyme for testing
- basic admin functionality via alanning:roles
- Code splitting on startup and router level
- Progressive Web App features
The kit is based on the excellent work done by excellent work done by Federico Rodes, however it’s since been heavily modified to provide a more recent base as well as server-side rendering.
I’m happy to have other people propose changes and improvements to try to keep this starter kit up-to-date with updates to Apollo and Meteor.
I’ve just released a huge update in order to add Multilingual support. It’s best to think about internationalisation from the start of project, so it’s now included in the kit. I’ve updated this pose to reflect that.