"Starting your app...." but it never starts

I have a meteor-angular app that I’ve been working on. I have not been able to get it to run for the last week and half. First, I upgraded all components for 1.4 including re-installing meteor and all components from scratch multiple times.

I then tried using 1.3.5 to see if maybe the 1.4 upgrades broke my app. No dice.

Then it was hung up on building ecmascript for…

Now it either runs node until I’m out of memory or, like it has been doing for the last 3 hours, just says “Starting your app”, but never does.

I’m pretty much stumped at this point and can’t do any dev work on this project at all. I may just have to bail on the dream of meteor and use node and express (which I really don’t want to do).

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why my app is not working??

Whenever I’ve seen this it’s been as a result of including files which should not be included (i.e. have entered the build path by accident).

You could try debugging the build and looking for long-running processing of “unexpected” files:

On linux/OS X:

METEOR_DEBUG_BUILD=1 METEOR_PROFILE=1000 meteor

On Windows:

set METEOR_DEBUG_BUILD=1
set METEOR_PROFILE=1000
meteor

Which logs build stages and any operation taking longer than 1000 ms (1 sec). You may need to adjust that value if there’s not enough/too much information.

Hey Rob,
I did set that but all I get is a list of the packages, then it sits at “Starting your app…” and does the same thing.
And this is even stranger…I created a default app (meteor create myApp), then ran meteor and it just sits there “Starting your app…” O_o

I’m on an Ubuntu 14.0.4 VM. And I just did a fresh install of meteor. Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

1 Like

+1 having this issue as well, did you find a resolution?
Edit: I was able to get it started after running “meteor reset” but I don’t know why this works

1 Like