Storyteller's Europe tour Q1 2024

Hello everyone!

After talking with a few people I have decided to do a Europe tour in Q1 of 2024. I would like to invite everyone here to give me feedback and tell me of opportunities so that I can organize things better.

The idea is that I’m going to go to multiple cities around Europe and host Meteor meetups. I would like to meet with companies using Meteor, discuss Meteor 3 upgrade and few other things.

I’m hoping that local companies could provide space to host the meetup or sponsor things in some way to make things more interesting. If you want some Meteor swag we can coordinate with @TatiBarros to see what we can make happen.

Following are the locations (with possible date range) that I think will be possible. Please let me know which location I should add or if you would be interested in meetup in one of the existing locations.

These can happen pretty much any time:

• Prague (I’m hoping that Apify will sponsor this meetup)
  • Wrocław (I’m hoping that Vazco will sponsor this meetup)
  • Přibyslav/Brno (I’m hoping that AGData will sponsor this meetup)
  • Munich (looking for sponsor)
  • Vienna/Bratislava (looking for sponsor)
  • Berlin (looking for sponsor)

End of January:

• Edinburgh/Glasgow (looking for sponsor)

February:

• Innsbruck (looking for sponsor)
  • Salzburg (looking for sponsor)

Other cities if there is a sponsor:

• Warsaw
  • Cyprus (Ostrio?)
  • Brusel
  • Amsterdam
  • Bremen (maybe at the university @jkuester ?)
  • Hamburg
  • Malmo
  • Oslo
  • Stockholm
  • Budapest
  • Frankfurt
Given all that which meetup would you go to?
  • Prague
  • Wrocław
  • Přibyslav/Brno
  • Munich
  • Vienna/Bratislava
  • Berlin
  • Edinburgh/Glasgow
  • Innsbruck
  • Salzburg
  • Warsaw
  • Cyprus
  • Brusel
  • Amsterdam
  • Bremen
  • Hamburg
  • Malmo
  • Oslo
  • Stockholm
  • Budapest
  • Frankfurt
0 voters

Please sponsore me on GitHub so that I can spend more time working on Meteor.

2 Likes

Iserlohn is pretty much in the middle of Germany. I am sure we could do a meetup at Coding-Pioneers.

2 Likes

If we could do a meetup at Coding-Pioneers then that is certainly an option. I will check my travel options.

1 Like

Love this! Should you ever come to the Malmö, please let me know. That would be perfect. You might also consider going to Copenhagen instead. It’s just around the corner and much bigger. Although Malmö would be closer to me :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I can confirm now, that I will be at:

on 2nd February, so we could do a meetup if there is interest in the evening of the 1st. Anyone from Warsaw interested?

I know this article is designated for Jan’s Euro trip but is there anybody going to https://qatar.websummit.com/ ? They offer free tickets for OSS contributors

1 Like

If it would be closer to summer then I would go for sure, but since it is at the end of February that makes things a bit more challenging. Will investigate though.

You don’t want summer in Qatar. I am 100% you don’t want it :joy:

Well I’m an Egyptian so I’m used to the sun. I got the genes for it :grin:

1 Like