Sublime Text 3 stopped updating Meteor on save

I’ve been using Sublime Text 3 for some time writing Meteor code, and it has just stopped automatically updating Meteor when I save.

I have to stop and restart Meteor - it’s very frustrating :frowning:

Any suggestions?

What editor you are using should have no effect on reloading, should it? Meteor observes its files separately, and detects changes from whatever source. Are you sure you are editing the right project? Does it work with other editors?

1 Like

I tried another editor and got the same results.

Today it worked - then didn’t . . . something is happening that I can’t figure out.

I’m using Windows 10, and I suspect it has something to do with the Windows 10 setup - but I have no idea where to look.

i know i ditched sublime, because sometimes - rarely, but happens - it simply does not save files. Nothing to do with meteor. But as you say it happens with other IDEs as well, then I don’t know.

I have seen this in Windows 7, although it wasn’t that Meteor didn’t rebuild on file change, it was that it took around 30 seconds for it to “see” the change and start rebuilding. Is this something to do with the way file changes are watched in Windows?

I’m thinking it does have something to do with Windows - but I don’t know what - or how to fix it.

It doesn’t seem to be consistent - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn’t . . .

sublime has a feature called “atomic save” or something to do with a special kind of saving where it creates a temporary file before actually saving. Disable that.

1 Like

Thanks @KristerV - I didn’t know about that, but it is set to false by default anyway.

I have now found that Meteor automatically restarts when I save some files - but not others. I’ve been keeping track, and it is consistent - always the same files.

When I look at the files I can’t see that there is any difference. Is there a setting or something I’m missing?

Still having this problem in Feb '17, on Windows 7. Did any of you ever come across a solution? It’s driving me nuts…

No - I switched to Atom.