Team up to create the new Vue 3 integration

You mean the Meteor Vue 3 one? :open_mouth: My “recently” is a little longer ago :sweat_smile:

Yep, he is updating his meteor integration packages to vue 3.

8 Likes

Can’t wait Meteor + Vue3? Release date?

5 Likes

I’m wainting for a release of Vue 3 + Meteor.
:100:

6 Likes

Any news on updating to Vue 3? As tailwindcss team have just released their components package but only supporting Vue 3 itching to get started! Meteor + Vue is incredible

4 Likes

Any news on updating to Vue 3? Waiting…

4 Likes

Any news ? There are more and more plugins only support Vue 3

2 Likes

maybe this take more time, at least when a UI framework is updated to Vue 3 (like vuetify, bootstrap vue, buefy, etc)

1 Like

Please upvote Vue 3 integration here

3 Likes

thank you, upvote in this part:

(I hadn’t seen it there)

Sorry, the discussion around the Vue 3 integration had to move here:

Please upvote / add your comments :open_hands:

I am ready (upvote) :sunny:

Hi! I started writing the Vue 3 integration. Could someone with a deep knowledge of Meteor internals do some pair-programming with me? (Or mention them) Thanks!

10 Likes

Basic SFC with JS/HTML/CSS
HMR
Scoped style
Open in editor from vue-devtools
Script source maps

Style source maps
Template source maps

Script setup

Fancy compilation error messages

9 Likes

@filipenevola , could you please step in here or mention somebody that could spare some time? Or maybe perhaps @zodern ?

8 Likes

Awesome to see that you’ve started work on the Vue 3 integration @akryum :tada: I’m probably not knowledgable enough to do useful paired programming with you on the integration, but I’d be happy to help any way I can :grinning: @zodern is the one that comes to mind as I believe he did the work on the recent HMR improvements in Meteor and he has gotten pretty deep into other parts of Meteor too. I’ll put the word out on the Meteor Slack community too. :+1:

1 Like

zodern told me he is already in contact with akryum regarding the vue3 integration. So things should be under control. Many thanks to both of them for the work.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that both akryum and zodern can be sponsored on github. If you benefit from their work, please do consider chipping in! Even $5 per month will make a difference.

9 Likes

Here is a working Vue 3 component using some Meteor collection:

Any feedback on the syntax?

4 Likes

Seems very nice to me. One question though. In addition to the new Composition API, I am assuming the old Options API will continue to work as it is currently. Will there be any syntax changes regarding the old Options API?

2 Likes

I don’t know, it’s not my priority. There could be a compatibility layer though.