Template.subscribe and subsmanager

Is there a way to use the new Template.subscribe with the subsmanager package?

I know you can do it using the older pattern of doing template level subscriptions, but not sure how you’d do it using template.subscribe.

Thanks

2 Likes

Wondering this myself too!

You can just wrap you subscription call in a Template.autorun.

Yeah. This is the old way to do it.

Sure. But if template.subscribe uses Meteor.subscribe. If you want to use a subs manager then you’ll have to wrap it in an autorun to get template-level subscriptions

I think I might be still too stupid to understand. Taking the example below. I think what you are saying is: If you wrap the subs-Cache call in a template.autorun similar to as shown, then the subscribe will automatically do its subscribe/unsubscribe magic when the template is created and destoryed.

I think there is a second part of the question that isn’t clear to me and maybe the OP. How do you use subs-Cache in-place of this.subscribe such that the ids the subscriptions made by a subs-Cache subscribe make it into _subscriptionHandles and _allSubsReady part of this.subscribe? Or otherwise asked how do you get {{#if Template.subscriptionsReady}} and functionTemplate.instance().subscriptionsReady() to depend on Template subscriptions made with subs-Cache.

# in some top level file
share.subsCache = new SubsCache( 
  expireAter: 5  
  cacheLimit: 10
)

#in a template file
Template.entryRevisionInfo.onCreated ->
  self = @
  self.autorun ->
    share.subsCache.subscribe('somePub')
1 Like

Correct. It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to do it at the moment. So you