Template/Tools recommendation

Hi, I last used meteor about four years ago for a POC and it was awesome. I am currently evaluating frameworks for a client and a different POC and I am blown away at how far meteor has come.

So I last used a template that came with an admin panel and registration/authorisation and it was great. Given that there are so many options out there I would like to get feedback as to the best templates/options for my current project.

1. I need user reg with admin panel for user management and roles etc.
  2. I need a form component. I was looking at AutoForm, but I read that it might not be suitable for production which is a concern.

What would you guys recommend for these two requirements?

thank you

I havenā€™t tried to implement a user management dashboard before but I do read good thing about Meteor Candy every now and then on the forums and maybe @msavin can shed some light on it and help you out.
As for forms management uniforms is by far the best option IMO. Itā€™s AutoForm but for React and works with simple-schema and many more data modeling utilities.

BTW, you havenā€™t listed your preference for the view layer which can be a huge deciding factor in your options. AutoForm is suitable for production afaik and itā€™s about to get a major version release too.

cc @jkuester

Thanks @harry97, I appreciate your feedback. I was considering Blaze, simply because I had issues with React Meteor out of the Box. Also in the past I used Blaze and it was super simple to grok.

So I used meteor-kitchen to generate the user re/auth framework with admin dashboard. Works like a charm. So now I just want to find a nice form solution. Iā€™ll check out uniforms too. If I need to get React Meteor working I will. It was just a rendering issue. Looks like a package import/npm issue. Just prototyping for now though and I like Blaze, so ideally Iā€™d like to stay with that.

I do a huge amount of backend work in the java and microservices spaces, but that a 10 pound hammer and for front end itā€™s really hard to justify the overhead and complexity when there are awesome alternatives like meteor available.

Thanks again

1 Like

Yes @pouyae and me are on a major release for AutoForm. I just completed some bigger personal challenge (moving to another town) and am now back to complete the PR.

2 Likes