The 1.9.1 version is out

I updated my app to 1.9.1 but where do l find the changelog?

1 Like

Updating https://docs.meteor.com/changelog.html may take a while. A faster route is to look here: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/blob/devel/History.md

1 Like

Check source on GitHub. Here’s the specific version you’re looking for -> https://github.com/meteor/meteor/blob/devel/History.md#v191-2020-02-18

1 Like

And for the lazy:

v1.9.1, 2020-02-18

Breaking changes

N/A

Migration Steps

N/A

Changes

• Node.js has been updated to version 12.16.0 from 12.14.0, which includes security updates and small changes:
      • Updated V8 to release v7.8 which includes improvements in performance, for example, object destructuring now is as fast as the equivalent variable assignment.
3 Likes

Hi all,

I was reading the file suggested by @vooteles and found this header for the next meteor version 1.10:

v1.10, TBD

Now, what does TBD mean in this context? How should this abbreviation be interpreted here?

I looked for some understanding in google and found this meaning: task-based development, but how can this be applied in this context? …

It means To Be Disclosed (most probably).

1 Like

To be determined. It’s for the release date.

It’s to be determined because it isn’t released yet.

3 Likes

Meteor 1.9.2 has been released just few hours ago as well. Just a patch update for Node.js.

2 Likes

I’m using meteor up to deploy on server, wich are the correct version to set in mup file ? With version 1.8.3 is 3.4.1.

Which version do you mean?
For the Docker image, you want something with Node 12 like abernix/meteord:node-12-base
For MongoDB, you want v4.0.6

Ok, thank you.
I looked for the mongodb version for Meteor 1.9.2 but didn’t find it, where can you see it ?
I found also a problem like my…

For now I remain on version 3.4.1 hoping that it will not give problems with meteor 1.9.2.

I had a quick look at issues on the mup repo and there are several people who seem to be using Mongo 4 without issue?

For me, mup with mongo 4.0.6 works fine.

I’m using mup with configuration:

docker: {
    image: 'abernix/meteord:node-12-base',
},

mongo: {
    version: '4.0.6',
    servers: {
        one: {}
    }
},

But don’t works.
When I run “mup setup” this is a log:

Started TaskList: Start Mongo
[x.x.x.x] - Start Mongo
[x.x.x.x] x Start Mongo: FAILED

exception: connect failed
        Error response from daemon: Container f5668e1436a0dc98ad49e460df8c0585165fca5cf551530d8f162c144de9f2dd is restarting, wait until the container is running

"mup logs" show this:

[x.x.x.x]=> Starting meteor app on port:80
[x.x.x.x]=> Starting meteor app on port:80
[x.x.x.x]Exception in setInterval callback: MongoError: server instance pool was destroyed
[x.x.x.x]    at basicWriteValidations (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/server.js:301:12)
[x.x.x.x]    at basicReadValidations (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/server.js:308:17)
[x.x.x.x]    at Server.command (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/server.js:209:19)
[x.x.x.x]    at checkServer (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:144:12)
[x.x.x.x]    at /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:197:7
[x.x.x.x]    at Pool.reset (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:767:39)
[x.x.x.x]    at /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:195:19
[x.x.x.x]    at /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:160:18
[x.x.x.x]    at Server.command (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/server.js:211:14)
[x.x.x.x]    at checkServer (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:144:12)
[x.x.x.x]    at Object.monitorServer [as monitorFunction] (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/monitoring.js:186:3)
[x.x.x.x]    at Server.monitor (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/server.js:188:12)
[x.x.x.x]    at Timeout._onTimeout (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/sdam/topology.js:753:22)
[x.x.x.x]    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
[x.x.x.x]    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) {
[x.x.x.x]  name: 'MongoError',
[x.x.x.x]  [Symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}

Instead with mongo 3.4.1 or 3.6.x works properly.

ok, thats clear now.
It’s not possible to upgrade MongoDB without upgrade it’s database, so I have installing a new server and then dump and restore data.
Now is all good ! Thanx to everyone.

3 Likes