The connection to ws://localhost:3000/sockjs/569/pgh47ec6/websocket was interrupted while the page was loading

Hi

I’m new to Meteor. I was running a very basic hello world sort of app from a tutorial on Meteor for Windows using Firefox, and everything seemed to be running great. Last night, in the middle of my experimenting, every time I’d make a change to my little app, I’d get the error below in the console log:

The connection to ws://localhost:3000/sockjs/569/pgh47ec6/websocket was interrupted while the page was loading.

As I looked for an answer, I saw that Firefox updated itself last night right as I was doing this testing.

I know the easy answer would be “just roll back Firefox”, but I’d like to have everything working on the current version, especially in case it happens again on a future version and rolling back isn’t the best idea because of security bugs. I see from the Google group that this has happened in the past, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer as to why or how it was resolved. Can anyone help? The error doesn’t show up on Chrome.

Thanks.

To clarify — is the problem just that a warning gets printed… or also that the app doesn’t reload to show your changes?

This might be a good sort of question for StackOverflow, by the way.

It’s the latter. I have a statement to send info to the console (using console.log) that fails.

Thanks for the tip…I’ll mosey over there to ask too.

I’d be interested to learn more about this warning as well (only shown in Firefox btw).

This turned out to be something to do with a conflict in the Windows version of Meteor. I was using Meteor 0.7 for Windows at the time (I think). I went to the website and found that there was a version 1.0, upgraded, and the problem went away.

I suspect it may have had something to do at the time with the fact that I have a 64 bit Windows 7 installation, and maybe the older 0.7 version of Meteor wasn’t compatible fully. In any case, Meteor works great on Windows now.