THIS PACKAGE WILL BLOW YOUR METEOR PROJECT! (Star Wars Special)

• Did you you have bad day?

• Are you tired of fixing nasty bugs?

• Do you ask yourself ‘to denormalize or not to denormalize the database’?

Shoot all your problems away!

Destroy the web-site with a bunch of weapons from the Star Wars movie!

(Don’t worry, it won’t cause any permanent damage to the project. At least we hope so.)

Load your weapon:

meteor add jss:star-wars

AtmosphereGithub
##DEMO

Screenshot

Made by Professional Meteor Development Studio - Professional Meteor Development Company

Kudos to the creator of the FontBomb. His HTML5 experiment was very helpful for us.

15 Likes

Good job! I like it.

But could you also make possible use this script without installation? I mean: install from browser console, without server-side access. For example… I’m gonna destroy the meteor.com website, but I don’t have any access rights for installing the jss:star-wars package on this website. So it would be great if I could simply open browser console, type some command and get the same functionality as in this package. Thx.

1 Like

Thanks for a feedback. Nice idea! It’s totally possible :smile:
I’ll try this tomorrow.

var script=document.createElement("script");script.type="text/javascript";script.src="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jssolutionsdev/star-wars/r.min.js";document.body.appendChild(script);

This will work if there will be no secure policy. It works on forums.meteor.com

2 Likes

I think that sharing executable scripts isn’t a good idea here… But you can find them in the repo.

Nice :smiley: would pay for premium version :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks)
Premium features:

• Lightsaber
  • Chewbacca’s bowcaster
  • Ewok Assault Catapult
  • Arcade mode
    :smile:
1 Like

I’m ready to pre order. I would say start $99, but with the Star Wars fan appeal it can easily go up to $299.

1 Like

Too bad that there’re no such Star Wars fans inside the Meteor community :pensive:

1 Like

Hi @praxie that’s super cool I wanted to test that and added the script to my webpage. I can see the STARWARS banner on the right but not the galaxy of words. Any suggestions pls.

Can you share your webpage?
And which script did you use?

I added the script to the page as in image.

Thanks.

I can see the STARWARS banner on the right but not the galaxy of words.

What’s your problem exactly? I didn’t quite understand ‘the galaxy of words’ part.

I added the script to my webpage and i see it as in the image. I am curious to see how you destroyed the web page as in your comments on the left.

May be I am adding the script in the wrong way or in wrong place can you pls share the code or let me know where to add to see the destroyed website.

1 Like

Oh I see. Just click on the image of a Death Star and place it somewhere on the page. You can use other weapons as well. Doesn’t it work for you?