Trouble with Meteor 1.2.1


#1

Hi Guys!

Today I installed Meteor with no Problem.
Then I did clone my custom project form my private git repo. It has release file with Meteor@1.2.1 in it.

Now Meteor won’t start anymore, because of these errors:

  • These packages have been updated to new versions that are not backwards
    compatible.
    Loading plugin compileCoffeescript … -
    /home/paul/.meteor/packages/coffeescript/.1.0.11.1ozocbx++os+web.browser+web.cordova/plugin.compileCoffeescript.os/npm/compileCoffeescript/node_modules/source-map/lib/source-map/source-node.js:103
    0 lastGeneratedColumn);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    => Errors prevented startup:

    While building for web.browser:
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-helpers.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-common.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-client.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-init.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for i18n_ui_amplify.coffee in tap:i18n-ui; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for i18n_ui_client_helpers.coffee in tap:i18n-ui; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for frameworks/i18n_ui_bootstrap.coffee in tap:i18n-ui; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for frameworks/i18n_ui_semantic.coffee in tap:i18n-ui; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for client/helpers.coffee in arillo:flow-router-helpers; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now

    While loading plugin compileCoffeescript from package coffeescript:
    module.js:439:25: Unexpected identifier
    at Module._compile (module.js:439:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.
    (/home/paul/.meteor/packages/coffeescript/.1.0.11.1ozocbx++os+web.browser+web.cordova/plugin.compileCoffeescript.os/npm/compileCoffeescript/node_modules/source-map/lib/source-map.js:8:22)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module.load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.
    .extend.Npm.require (/tools/isobuild/bundler.js:1324:22)
    at Package (plugin/compile-coffeescript.js:1:23)
    at :227:4
    at :234:3

    While building for os.linux.x86_32:
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-helpers.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-common.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-server.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for lib/tap_i18n/tap_i18n-init.coffee in tap:i18n; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now
    error: no plugin found for client/helpers.coffee in arillo:flow-router-helpers; a plugin for *.coffee was active when it was published but none is now

=> Your application has errors. Waiting for file change.

Any Ideas. I recognized a new folder dev_bundle. What happend to my working meteor :frowning:


#2

You could try re-cloning and then running meteor as

meteor --release 1.2.1

which will stop it updating packages to newer versions.


#3

That did not work. The problem is that I did not commit my project including meteor. I just have ./meteor/packages and ./meteor/release added to my repo. I had to reinstall my computer, so I had to install meteor again. And here comes the pain. If you run the project with meteor --release 1.2.1 or if you place Meteor@1.2.1 into release file the project perfectly runs as Meteor 1.2.1. So downgrading is not the issue here. But the new installation of meteor causes the trouble, because of the content of dev_bundle. Inside this folder you will find all the important bits like nodejs, mongo etc. And It seems new versions have been delivered. So the only way I can think of Is to manually install meteor. That maybe could work.


#4

I found a solution!


#5

Interesting!