Trouble with NPM package longjohn

Due to some issues we are having where we are getting a node.js error on our Galaxy server (here is a copy of the error):

2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00events.js:72
2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00 throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00 ^
2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00Error: read ECONNRESET
2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00 at errnoException (net.js:905:11)
2017-02-23 14:38:42-08:00 at TCP.onread (net.js:559:19)

These errors are becoming more frequent - sometimes happening once per hour. We are not able to reproduce this on our Development server, only have it affecting our Galaxy server.

I contacted Galaxy support to see if they could provide any more information on the error, and MDG has suggested using the longjohn NPM package: https://github.com/mattinsler/longjohn

Only problem is, when installing it through the typical Meteor NPM installation process (as found in the guide), whenever I “require” it in any file, my app hangs on load. Never fully initializes after the “Starting Mongo” step.

If I comment out the require line, works perfectly. Restore the require line, hangs on load again. No error or anything, just permanent freeze on load.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Or is there a different way that longjohn must be required in a Meteor project to initialize properly?

Still have had no progress on this issue… any advice?

This has become a very urgent issue. We had no restarts for almost a week. Then 2 yesterday. Then this morning (the last 3 hours) 4 separate times the server has crashed.

If there is no way to get this package working, is there any other way that anyone knows of how we can find out what this “unhandled error event” is…?

I would really appreciate it if I could get any responses here.

This has become a major problem. 10+ times yesterday alone, and considering each restart takes about 3-4 minutes, that’s over 30 mins of downtime throughout the work day.

Galaxy support said they see no issues, and recommended longjohn, but longjohn does not seem to work in Meteor at all… so I’m out of luck on all avenues!

It’s not acceptable, really need a way to debug this and pinpoint the issue!