TWIM 3000 Hour Challenge

The TWIM crew is doing an amazing job bringing us quality content on their youtube channel. Both bringing news and entertainment to our community every single week for a year. In yesterday’s one year in review episode it was mentioned that they need 500 subscribers and 3000 hours of watch time in a month to be able to monetize their channel and begin to reap the benefits of all of their hard work that benefits all of us every week.

To me this seems like an amazing opportunity for the community to give back to them and rally a watch party. The idea is simple… start watching this playlist and let it run through in the background while you work, and even just mute the video if you want to listen to/watch something else.

If even 100 of us watch through that playlist just once we’ll easily put them over the top and show them a whole lot of much deserved love.

P.S. Don’t forget to like all the videos, Subscribe to the channel, and click the bell when you do so you get notifications when they go live and don’t miss out.

9 Likes

Meteor Shorts Playlist is very cool too, some shorts have music ! I’m watching it and clicking like.

Meteor Apps are Node Apps #shorts #javascript #nodejs #webdevelopment #meteorjs - YouTube

3 Likes

Love this! I personally have one episode to watch that I wasn’t on.
The question is if my watching counts as I have my account connected to that of the channel account. Any idea @alimgafar @jkuester ?

2 Likes

I’m all for this initiative! They do a fantastic job every week and deserve this.

3 Likes

It should count. Just remember YouTube tries to track what it believes is “cheating,” so personal views may get undercounted.

But I would encourage you to do what you can to help us get to our numbers. Watching the playlist in the background is a great idea. Just try not to do it all at once otherwise, you might get flagged as bots.

1 Like

@alimgafar Can you have a total watch time update for tomorrow’s episode? I’d love to see if we make progress.

2 Likes