TWIM team and @alanning are looking for Meteor apps/projects for livecoding improvements

The TWIM team and @alanning is looking for a Meteor app/project for livecoding improvements. We will focus on teaching:

1. How to identify technical debt
  2. Resources we use to learn how to think about managing software
  3. How to refactor code
  4. How to help the app/project improve

If you’d like to get some free help, please share your projects here. Provide a link to the git repo and tell us a little about the project and you.

As we get the projects we’ll schedule the livestream dates so you can follow along. @alanning is also considering including pairing for some of the streams.

6 Likes

If you want to know more about this idea, check out our episode on technical debt:

Hi,
you are welcome to use WeKan as example, and send PR for any improvements. It would be nice to have WeKan upgraded to Meteor 3, dependencies updated, forks from wekan/packages/ merged to Meteor Community Packages, etc.

Some other current issues are mentioned here:

Info how to build WeKan is at Emoji · wekan/wekan Wiki · GitHub

You can add or comment issues for any questions.

For any invitations to participate to podcast, please send email to support@wekan.team

WeKan website is https://wekan.github.io

2 Likes
2 Likes

Looks fun. Are you on the team for wework meteor?

I wish I was :sweat_smile: I’m a mere spectator. Weworkmeteor is an important project showcasing Meteor capabilities and hasn’t been updated in a while. I bet it’d be an interesting challenge to migrate to 3.0 especially considering that it suffers from an interesting bug when updated to 3.0

1 Like

I agree it would be good. However, I believe the hope is to have the blessing of the project owner to do this.

Other suggestions?

Thanks, @xet7 – WeKan is certainly a good example of MeteorJS code and a worthy challenge for the exercise!

1 Like