Un-handled error issue

Hi,

Please advise which file this error would be in? How can one tell? is it a Node problem?

the error is:
events.js:72
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event

Error: write EOF
at errnoException (net.js:905:11)
at Object.afterWrite (net.js:721:19)

Also, if there are any suggestions on how to fix it I would appreciate them.

Many thanks.

Hello, I have this same problem, I’ve tried everything and do not get fixed, I could show me how I fix.

Thank you…

Your server is throwing an unhandled exception and taking down the node process.
You could try temporarily handling this event and logging the stack so you can at least track down where the error is coming from:

process.on("uncaughtException", function(err) {
   console.error(err.stack || err);
});

Leaving this in place afterwards is highly discouraged.

Same problem here.
On windows

=> Started proxy.
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: write EOF
at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:785:14)

I don’t know where to attach the exception catcher you are suggesting, it seems the problem is happening during the build process.

I would pop it into whichever server file gets loaded first (depending on your application structure + imports)
If you’re crashing on build you most likely are executing a bad piece of code during a require call.

1 Like

we are using Meteor + NodeJS application. Meteor application use for communication for client and Nodejs application for connect to DB. We gave the nodeJS application reference in meteor application. When any un-handled error occurs in nodejs application we are not able to catch it.
We deploy the meteor and nodejs application as a package.

From Meteor we called nodejs methods using Meteor.wrapAsync(node.method1).
we are able to catch the exception in meteor till callback from node method. After callback if any exception occurs in nodejs method we are not able to handle it.

Thanks for your replay