Unable to install MeteorJs on Windows 10 machine

trying meteor again after some years to see if it is any better, to get started. I see the following error when I run the npm install -g meteor command. i am using nvm use 14 command to use nodejs version 14. what am I missing, to install meteorjs?

npm WARN EBADENGINE Unsupported engine {
npm WARN EBADENGINE   package: 'meteor@2.10.0',
npm WARN EBADENGINE   required: { node: '<=14.x', npm: '<=6.x' },
npm WARN EBADENGINE   current: { node: 'v19.6.0', npm: '9.4.0' }
npm WARN EBADENGINE }
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /d /s /c node cli.js install
npm ERR! => Meteor Downloaded in 224.491s
npm ERR! WARNING: Recommended versions are Node.js <=14.x and npm <=6.x.
npm ERR! We recommend using a Node version manager like NVM or Volta to install Node.js and npm.
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! node:events:490
npm ERR!       throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
npm ERR!       ^
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Error: C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp-6408-gUaicRR1ejsI\meteor.tar.gz
npm ERR!     at Object.fromBuffer (C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor\node_modules\node-7z\src\error.js:30:15)  
npm ERR!     at C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor\node_modules\node-7z\src\events.js:25:19
npm ERR!     at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor\node_modules\node-7z\src\lifecycle.js:64:51)
npm ERR!     at Socket.emit (node:events:512:28)
npm ERR!     at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:324:12)
npm ERR!     at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:297:9)
npm ERR!     at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:234:10)
npm ERR!     at Pipe.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)
npm ERR! Emitted 'error' event on Readable instance at:
npm ERR!     at C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor\node_modules\node-7z\src\events.js:90:12
npm ERR!     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\meteor\node_modules\node-7z\src\lifecycle.npm ERR!   stderr: 'ERROR: C:\\Users\\ajitg\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmp-6408-gUaicRR1ejsI\\meteor.tar.gz\r\n' +
npm ERR!     '\r\n' +
npm ERR!   level: 'ERROR'
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Node.js v19.6.0

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\ajitg\AppData\Local\npm-cache\_logs\2023-02-18T07_14_53_011Z-debug-0.log

Hey @ajitgoel, could you confirm in your terminal that Node.js 14.x is being used? You can run node -v before trying to install Meteor.js.

The warning you see should only be shown when you are using some unsupported version of Node.js. And the end of the error you shared shows Node.js v19.6.0.

Thank you @fredmaiaarantes. I used the nvm use 14 command to ensure that I was using node version 14 before I ran the npm install -g meteor command(I work on NodeJs on a professional level but I am no means an expert on the internals of NodeJS). To work around this issue, I then installed Ubuntu and MeteorJs installed as a charm.