Unable to update package catalog (are you offline?)

Hi All,

I’m trying to get a back up folder copied in from another machine that died up and running. Unfortunately if I try to update meteor (its still running 1.8.1) I get

Blockquote Unable to update package catalog (are you offline?)

If you are using Meteor behind a proxy, set HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables or see this page for more details:

Blockquote

When I try to start the app I get lots of certificate expired error messages

Blockquote

=> Started proxy.
=> Meteor 2.7.1 is available. Update this project with ‘meteor update’.
=> Started MongoDB.
=> Errors prevented startup:

While downloading accounts-base@1.4.4…:
error: certificate has expired

While downloading accounts-password@1.5.1…:

While downloading accounts-ui@1.3.1…:

While downloading accounts-ui-unstyled@1.4.2…:

etc. etc

Blockquote

However when I create a new app, and run meteor update it connects, updates and runs perfectly ok.

Any ideas? It seems to be to do with the fact I’ve copied this whole folder in from another computer. Meteor reset doesn’t work either. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Try to check correct time and correct timezone set in your host computer. Also try to check correct DNS records.

Discussion here: [Solved] Error: Certificate has expired - #4 by afrokick

Thanks @acqsk much appreciated. Unfortunately this hasn’t worked, this is a brand new PC I’m on and there are no host entries in the hosts file. The time is also synced and is on the same time zone as the original PC

Could it be the first part of the error message that is causing issues? I’ve copied it in again below (sorry I seem to have screwed up the code snippets on the original post! :slight_smile: )

> Unable to update package catalog (are you offline?)
> If you are using Meteor behind a proxy, set HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables or see this page for more details:

I am not sitting behind any proxies (meteor works fine for new projects), but for some reason running meteor update on this recovered project seems to consistently fail with error that implies it can’t see the meteor update servers. Thoughts?

…in that case, the reason can be probably complicated, which environment are you using?

Mac, Linux, Windows + WSL or…?