Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Hi all,

I have a little problem by reference a minimized javascript library from a node_modules directory.
In my included nodejs package I need to use some libraries from that package in my header.
But when I include my script tag to this minimized js file, Meteor displays this error in the console.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

This is my script tag in my header:
< script src="{}/node_modules/jscow-node-editor/js/jquery.kinetic/jquery.kinetic.min.js" type=“text/javascript”>< / script >

The error is related to this line in the js file:
< ! DOCTYPE html >

What I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Mario

I’m having the same trouble when I import “amcharts3-export” from github:amcharts/export. This gives me error from several of the export libs like xlsx and fabric.js. Resulting in the export function not working:

I’m wonderring if this issue can be related to webpack or meteor… Not sure where to start looking…

Hey There,

I have having the exact same problem posted on stackoverflow:

I believe it has something to do with either how meteor compiles the files on run, or how meteor runs the npm modules. Played around with loading the amcharts-export module in different parts of the system based on file structure so that it was loaded on startup but the dependent graphs were inside an imports folder. Nothing helped though.

If anyone has any leads please do let me know. Want to know how to ask one of the Meteor crew if they have an opinion on this problem.

Regards,
Emir

I posted my solution on your stackoverflow question and in the github issue. Let me know if it works?

Hey, posted a reply on stackoverflow.