Universe i18n causing memory leaks

I updated universe i18n lately from 1.30.0 to 1.32.6

I have been getting warnings and errors related to “Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected.”

I’m not sure where to start with this, I tried to gradually update from 1.30.0 to 1.31.0 to 1.32.0
it simply starts after 1.32.0 to produce such warnings

It might be your code maybe? I have been using 1.32.6 for about 6 months without any problem.

But I did have a subscription that wasnt unsubscribing and causing memory leaks. I found out while inspecting the app in the Meteor chrome extension.

In your case, maybe setting up MontiAPM could help? It may give you a hint there. I really like MontiAPM, it is very simple to set up and has a free tier.

Hi @cloudiy,

The updated version uses EventEmitter instead of custom-implemented Emitter. In the new version, we didn’t implement a listener limit. You can do it on your own: i18n._events.setMaxListeners(x);

This is the expected behavior of how this system works and there is no way to reduce the number of listeners.

You can check more details here: [1.32.3] Warning: Max Listeners Exceeded · Issue #139 · vazco/meteor-universe-i18n · GitHub