Unknown Package in Top Level Dependencies

Over windows platform on starting meteor getting error: "Unknown package in top level dependencies" for custom built packages.
Tried to include packages by using: meteor add package-name but got error no such package.

Package folder includes package.js and is whole set up is working just fine over mac.

P.S I have checked windows environment variables and facing this issue only over custom local:packages

Does your packages\ folder also include those missing packages?

I’ve not heard of local:escpos, but simple:pg was really a proof of concept. As of now the only way to get the functionality of simple:pg is to add some or all of the following packages to your project (depending on what you were actually using):

accounts-base
accounts-base-pg-driver
accounts-password
accounts-password-pg-driver
accounts-ui-unstyled
bookshelf
pg

The project flawlesly in *ix and osx environment. It is just the windows that I am getting the problem in.

the packages

simple:pg
local:escpos

are custom packages and yes my packages folder contains those missing packages. this is my run.bat to set the correct variables

cd ..
SET POSTGRESQL_URL="postgres://127.0.0.1/mahercash"
SET SORUCE_PACKAGE_DIRS="%CD%\packages"
SET METEOR_PACKAGE_DIRS="%CD%\pckgs\"
SET MONGO_URL="nope"

XCOPY %SORUCE_PACKAGE_DIRS% %METEOR_PACKAGE_DIRS% /I /E /H

cd %~dp0

meteor %*

thanks.

Do you mean that?

I trhink SOURCE_PACKAGE_DIRS is one of yours, but the correct env variable for Meteor package directories env var is just PACKAGE_DIRS (no METEOR_ prefix).

I think PACKAGE_DIRS has been depreciated to METEOR_PACKAGE_DIRS

Depricated error for PACKAGE_DIRS

Cool! I wasn’t aware of that deprecation. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Problem remains same for me , if i move packages folder back into app folder things start working, but outside it doesn’t , double checked the windows environment variable everything seem to be fine.