Update npm packages in Meteor 1.3

I am using some npm packages in my project and I want to update these packages.
{ "dependencies": { "material-ui": "^0.15.0-alpha.2", "react": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-create-fragment": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-css-transition-group": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-linked-state-mixin": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-perf": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-pure-render-mixin": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-test-utils": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-transition-group": "^0.14.8", "react-addons-update": "^0.14.8", "react-dom": "^0.14.8", "react-mounter": "^1.1.0", "react-tap-event-plugin": "^0.2.2" } }

When I run meteor npm update, I got these warnings and errors:

`npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react@^15.0.0 included from material-ui will no
npm WARN peerDependencies longer be automatically installed to fulfill the peerDependency
npm WARN peerDependencies in npm 3+. Your application will need to depend on it explicitly.
npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react-dom@^15.0.0 included from material-ui will no
npm WARN peerDependencies longer be automatically installed to fulfill the peerDependency
npm WARN peerDependencies in npm 3+. Your application will need to depend on it explicitly.
npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react-tap-event-plugin@^1.0.0 included from material-ui will no
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\material-ui requires react-addons-create-fragment@’^15.0.0’ but will load
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\react-addons-create-fragment,
npm WARN unmet dependency which is version 0.14.8
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\material-ui requires react-addons-transition-group@’^15.0.0’ but will load
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\react-addons-transition-group,
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\material-ui requires react-addons-update@’^15.0.0’ but will load
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\Hien\Documents\Meteor\bookme-react\node_modules\react-addons-update,
npm WARN engine inline-style-prefixer@1.0.3: wanted: {“node”:">=0.12"} (current: {“node”:“0.10.43”,“npm”:“2.14.22”})
npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react@^15.0.1 included from react-addons-transition-group will no
npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react@^15.0.1 included from react-addons-create-fragment will no
npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency react@^15.0.1 included from react-addons-update will no
npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.10586
npm ERR! argv “C:\Users\Hien\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_2\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\bin\\node.exe” “C:\Users\Hien\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_2\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” "update"
npm ERR! node v0.10.43
npm ERR! npm v2.14.22
npm ERR! code EPEERINVALID

npm ERR! peerinvalid The package react@0.14.8 does not satisfy its siblings’ peerDependencies requirements!
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer material-ui@0.15.0-beta.1 wants react@^15.0.0
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-create-fragment@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-css-transition-group@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-linked-state-mixin@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-perf@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-pure-render-mixin@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-test-utils@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-transition-group@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-addons-update@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-dom@0.14.8 wants react@^0.14.8
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-mounter@1.2.0 wants react@0.14.x || 15.x.x
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer react-tap-event-plugin@0.2.2 wants react@^0.14.0`

Is there any command or any way to update these packages?

I have a similar list of modules without the peer warnings. I fixed the peer warnings by reinstalling the modules after first deleting the contents of node_modules and choosing only the modules that I wanted.

You mean deleting all the folders in node_modules and run meteor npm install --save [package_name] again?

That may work if your package.json is up to date. However, what I did after deleting all the contents of node_modules is to reinstall with the specific package versions that I wanted.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s all good now.