Update to 1.4.1.3 broke submit form

Hello! I’m trying to figure out why my submit form helper no longer works after the Meteor update. I have a modal that allows users to update fields then submit and the helper no longer triggers from the submit button.

HTML:

<template name="editModal">
    <div class="modal fade" id="editModal">
        <div class="modal-dialog">
            <div class="modal-content">
                <div class="modal-header">
                    <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">
                        <span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span>
                        <span class="sr-only">Close</span>
                    </button>
                    <h4 class="modal-title">Edit This Marker</h4>
                </div>
                <div class="modal-body">
                    <form class="form-horizontal" role="form">
                        <div class="form-group">
                            <label class="col-sm-2 control-label" for="title">Title</label>
                            <div class="col-sm-10">
                                <input name="title" id="title" type="text" value="{{title}}" placeholder="Marker Title" class="form-control" />
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        <div class="form-group">
                            <label class="col-sm-2 control-label" for="markerInfo">Information</label>
                            <div class="col-sm-10">
                                <textarea name="markerInfo" class="form-control" id="markerInfo" type="text" value="{{markerInfo}}" placeholder="What is this?" rows="3"></textarea>
                            </div>
                        </div>

<div class="modal-footer">
                            <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="btn btn-primary submit" id="save" data-dismiss="modal">
                            <button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Cancel</button>
                        </div>
                    </form>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</template>

JS:

Template.editModal.events({
    'submit form': function (e) {
        e.preventDefault();

var currentMarkerId = infoWindowMarker._id;

var markerProperties = {
            title: $(e.target).find('[name=title]').val(),
            markerInfo: $(e.target).find('[name=markerInfo]').val()
        }

console.log(markerProperties);

Markers.update(currentMarkerId, {$set: markerProperties}, function (error) {
            if (error) {
                // display the error to the user
                alert(error.reason);
            }
        });

}
});

I can’t figure out why an update would broke a basic event.

Try to debug this:

• Make 100% sure no other things have been updated
  • Does it enter the ‘submit form’ function ?
  • Right click on submit element, inspect it, and go to “Event Listeners” in chrome try to see if no others events are attached to it somehow, and they do a “preventDefault” or “stopPropagation”
  • Try to downgrade to the previous app and see if that’s really the issue. “meteor update --release 1.4.1.2” if it is, then file a bug report to Meteor’s Github, this is very strange.

@diaconutheodor

1. No other packages were updated.
  2. The ‘submit form’ function is never triggered.
  3. Looking at the Event Listeners, there is only one Event Listener which is body.modal-open. Should there be more than one listener for this action?
  4. Downgraded to meteor 1.4.1.2 and it was still broken. Not sure why this randomly stopped working. I got this functionality to work and then came back to it 6 hours later and it stopped working and all I saw was that Meteor had been patched.

Ok then I assume that your template “js” is not added somehow. Do a:

Template.editModal.onCreated(() => {console.log('I was created.')})

If it doesn’t show it seems you do not include that js. If still shows let me know. Cheers.

The console.log came through loud and clear but the event still doesn’t fire. What else do you think I should try? Also thank you so much for the help!

What web browsers are you using? Is it Beta/Carney? I found Google chrome could not activate Edit button in Facebook while using Carney release.

Thanks for the advice all! I found that including:

data-dismiss="modal"

in the for the submit button didn’t allow the data to be passed into the collection.