Upgrading to Meteor 1.7.0.3 BREAKS my app!

#1

I am on Meteor 1.6.1.1, not too old. Things are working fine.

I updated to patch version 1.6.1.3, and things broke!! That’s a different post that I sent out a little while ago…

So, I decided to try Meteor 1.7.0.3, and this is what I get after meteor update:

W20180623-01:29:09.533(-7)? (STDERR) AssertionError [ERR_ASSERTION]: Cannot await unless Promise.Fiber is defined
W20180623-01:29:09.533(-7)? (STDERR) at awaitPromise (/Users/ujwal/.meteor/packages/promise/.0.11.1.v206f7.gc1nk++os+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/npm/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:68:12)
W20180623-01:29:09.533(-7)? (STDERR) at Promise.await (/Users/ujwal/.meteor/packages/promise/.0.11.1.v206f7.gc1nk++os+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/npm/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:60:12)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at SynchronousCursor._nextObject (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:1083:12)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at SynchronousCursor.forEach (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:1097:22)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at SynchronousCursor.map (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:1107:10)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at SynchronousCursor.fetch (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:1131:17)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at Cursor.(anonymous function) [as fetch] (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:879:44)
W20180623-01:29:09.534(-7)? (STDERR) at MongoConnection.findOne (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:786:56)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at OplogHandle._startTailing (packages/mongo/oplog_tailing.js:223:57)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at new OplogHandle (packages/mongo/oplog_tailing.js:77:8)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at new MongoConnection (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:217:25)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at new MongoInternals.RemoteCollectionDriver (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:4:16)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at Object. (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:38:10)
W20180623-01:29:09.535(-7)? (STDERR) at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages/underscore.js:784:19)
W20180623-01:29:09.536(-7)? (STDERR) at new Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:97:40)
W20180623-01:29:09.536(-7)? (STDERR) at new AccountsCommon (packages/accounts-base/accounts_common.js:23:18)

No very confidence inspiring :frowning:

#2

Have you read and implemented all the intervening release notes?

1 Like
#3

Yes, I did. I think what I had to do was

meteor npm install @babel/runtime@latest meteor-node-stubs@latest

#4

It turns out “chimp” in my devDependencies was the culprit. After removing it, server starts up fine.

#5

Quoted from Meteor docs @ acceptance testing:

Note that you can also install Chimp as a devDependency in your package.json but you may run into problems deploying your application as it includes binary dependencies. You can avoid such problems by running meteor npm prune to remove non-production dependencies before deploying.

1 Like
#6

Thanks! I don’t use chimp, must have gotten there with some copy paste, so I just removed it.

#7

Installing fibers helped me