I inherited a React Meteor project running 18.104.22.168 running in Heroku. I set up Meteor with Prerender.io rather easily, authorized my own token using this as my guide https://galaxy-guide.meteor.com/seo.html
I’ve managed to stump Prerender io and Heroku hasn’t been any help. User Agents for for popular crawlers hit the project but then timeout with a 504 error. The crazy part is you can hit the Herokuapp URL if requesting the page as a Google bot or Bingbot, and Prerender io. I’m new to Meteor and for the most part, it’s been fairly straightforward but this particular issue has the previous developer, my team members, Prerender io and of course, me stumped.
To make things more interesting, if I curl as a made up user agent, connections are able to be established, so the filtering appears to be like a blacklist. Grepping the code base for these UAs is a bust.
I’ve relaxed the content-security-policy settings, and nothing changed.
Here’s a list of packages,
firstname.lastname@example.org # Packages every Meteor app needs to have
email@example.com # Packages for a great mobile UX
firstname.lastname@example.org # The database Meteor supports right now
email@example.com # Client-side reactive dictionary for your app
firstname.lastname@example.org # Helpful client-side library
email@example.com # Meteor’s client-side reactive programming library
firstname.lastname@example.org # ECMAScript 5 compatibility for older browsers.
email@example.com # Enable ECMAScript2015+ syntax in app code